Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spinach and Artichoke Dip


Ingredients:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper.
2. Add artichoke hearts and spinach and gently stir until evenly blended.
3. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased baking dish.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until cheese is light brown and bubbly.

I brought this as a side dish to my uncle's annual Memorial Day pool party over the weekend. My grandma also brought a spinach and artichoke dip, but I think mine was better. Don't tell her I said that though!

1 comment:

  1. words cannot describe how much I love spinach and artichoke dip...I must try this recipe someday

    ReplyDelete