Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes


Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
juice and grated rind from 1 lemon
lemon marmalade
fresh berries

Directions:
1. Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, whisk together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk together. Add more milk if needed.
4. Spray griddle with non-stick spray. Pour batter in 3-4 inch circles and cook both sides until a golden brown.
5. In small pan, warm up lemon marmalade.
6. To serve, top pancakes with fresh berries, drizzle with lemon marmalade, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Yield: 12-15 pancakes

I made these pancakes with my grandma about two months ago, and then again yesterday with my significant other. They were delightful both times. Later that day, a dear friend (and follower of this blog!) saw the pictures of these pancakes on my camera and she commented, "These look like the 4th of July!" And I must say, they are kind of like the 4th of July. Only instead of explosions in the sky, it's like little explosions of deliciousness on your tongue.


3 comments:

  1. What about the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with these pancakes. I have taken to eating them every Sunday brunch time at The Village Idiot on Melrose. I'm thrilled to have the recipe. It's like you knew. Can you feel that? Our psychic connection.

    ReplyDelete