Sunday, June 6, 2010

Not that great Gnocchi

On Friday, significant other and I tried out a recipe for gnocchi with Gorgonzola cream sauce. In theory it sounded great, but in reality it did not turn out great. I thought of a few ways that I could improve this recipe if I decide to try it again in the future, but this initial version of it was just kind of... ok. It definitely was not bad. It was completely edible, there was just nothing special about it. Oh, also, I didn't take pictures of it because it was quite possibly the least attractive thing I've ever made. I also thought of ways that I could make it less ugly if I were to cook it again.

So, this version of the gnocchi was disappointing, but the amazing lemon ricotta pancakes I made the next morning and the delicious butternut squash pasta I made the following evening made up for the mediocrity of the gnocchi.

The lesson here is this: not every recipe you try comes out perfectly each time. You have to make little adjustments sometimes to make it work.

2 comments:

  1. Well if you experiment with new recipes, some of them are less than stellar. Part of the process! Thanks for admitting it so I don't feel like I'm the only one. Can't wait to try the squashy pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, in my various cooking adventures I have made a lot of delicious things, but I've also made a few terrible tasting things, I've overcooked chicken, I've undercooked chicken, I've burned things, and I've lit myself on fire. It's all part of the learning process.

    And that butternut squash pasta was sooooo good! The recipe actually called for pumpkin, but I couldn't find that at the store. I decided squash would be a great substitute though.

    ReplyDelete