Monday, July 19, 2010

Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta


Ingredients:
rotini or penne pasta
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
4 oz sun dried tomatoes*
2 Tbsp olive oil*
1/3 cup green onion, chopped*
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped*
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped*

*all measurements are approximate, and you should alter them to suit your own tastes or dietary needs

Instructions:

1. Place pasta in boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.

2. Drain pasta and return to pot.

3. Add herbs, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and olive oil.

4. Toss evenly and serve.

This was a quick dinner I threw together a couple of nights ago. I wanted pasta, but didn't feel like a heavy sauce, so I figured I would just throw together some good-tasting stuff with some pasta. It turned out really great. Significant other was very impressed when I told him I just made this up, it wasn't from a recipe. Maybe he was just happy because this dinner was waiting for him when he got off of work, and any food is exciting and impressive when you've been on your feet all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment