Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pasta with Lemon Caper Cream Sauce


Ingredients:
cooked pasta
5 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp capers
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:

1. Put capers in small bowl and crush half of them with a spoon. Leave the other half whole.

2. Melt butter in a pan over the stove. Add spices or herbs of choice. Suggested: thyme, rosemary, black pepper.

3. Add cream to pan before butter is completely melted. Stir together.

4. Add lemon juice and capers.

5. Stir sauce for several minutes until slightly thickened.

6. Add Parmesan and serve immediately over cooked pasta.

A couple of years ago, I was eating at Souplantation when they were having a promotional "Lemon Month" and one of the lemon dishes they served was pasta with lemon caper cream sauce. It was so delicious that I went back to Souplantation 2 more times in the same week to eat that pasta! Then I realized it would probably by really easy to make at home (and that I probably shouldn't be eating at a buffet restaurant 3 times a week). So, this is the recipe I made up to copy Souplantation. It worked out because now I can have the pasta anytime, not just during lemon month. I've made it for a several different people over the past couple of years and all have seemed to enjoy it. I love lemons! But who doesn't really?

4 comments:

  1. YES, YES, YES!!! Lol, "Is this all you can make?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, little did you know then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe last night and it was delicious! I used fresh rosemary and pepper.

    ReplyDelete