Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds


It's almost Halloween, which means a lot of you probably are itching to start carving up some jack o' lanterns! Make sure you save the seeds from your pumpkin to make an easy and delicious snack!

I saved the seeds from my pumpkin carrot risotto to make my pumpkin seeds!

Instructions:

1. Separate the seeds from the pumpkin membrane. Rinse any excess membrane off with water.

2. Put the seeds on a paper towel and allow to dry for several minutes.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and distribute pumpkin seeds evenly over the cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle with salt.

5. Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over once halfway through.


I'd never made pumpkin seeds before tonight! I almost burned them because I forgot about them, but Roommate #2 happened to ask me what I had in the oven and crisis was averted!

2 comments:

  1. I'm Roommate #1! Yay!! You're going to have to hide those pumpkin seeds to prevent me from eating them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you see the sign I put next to them that said "EAT!"? I expect them to be eaten!

    ReplyDelete