Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August: A Slow Month for Cooking

I didn't post much in August. There are a few reasons for this: a) I took a business trip to Austin, TX; b) I took a camping trip to central/northern California; and c) I cooked a few things I've posted before, so I didn't feel the need to repost those recipes.

I stayed with a friend in Austin, and we did some cooking while I was there. We made the vegetable and cheese pie that I posted about in May. This time we had some marinara sauce on the side for dipping, which was an AMAZING idea. It was like an extra-veggie pizza with a delicious flaky bread crust.


We also made the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I posted in June and brought them into the office for our coworkers.


The cooking we did while camping was definitely nothing to blog about; I don't think anyone needs instructions for heating up cans of lentil soup over a portable camp stove. Camping was great though, we had tons of fun.

I did cook up some interesting things the past two nights, so be ready for some new recipe postings for September!

1 comment: